…and you told us!
We recently asked our customers what they liked about what we do, and what we could do better.
We were delighted to get more than 50 feedback cards returned across a three week survey period. Thanks so much to those who took the trouble to respond.
What you said
The vast majority of the feedback was positive, and we received lots of compliments. Thanks again!
Here are some key findings:
- The majority of responses highlighted our service as our best feature, which is great and a credit to the staff
- A large number of customers said they loved our coffee in particular – let’s hear it for Grumpy Mule Coffee!
- Next in line for praise were our cakes, and customers’ whole visit and experience in general. These were the next most commented on things that people enjoyed
We also asked about things we don’t do or provide, as well as things that we could improve on. We have already tried to act on these responses where possible:
- You asked for hot bacon and bacon & sausage sandwiches (previously, these were only served on Saturdays). We are now offering these every morning
- You asked for flat white coffees. These are now available and proving popular
- You requested lemon meringue pie and Bakewell tart. We are going to have a special daily pudding – to include lemon meringue pie!
- You asked for a range of pies, including corned beef. We did run a trial with pies before Christmas, but found their popularity was limited. We will probably look at them again in the autumn – watch this space!
- Finally, customers asked for an alternative jam flavour to our fantastic strawberry jam, made for us by Bracken Hill Fine Foods, near York. We are working on this, but do now keep marmalade as an alternative to go with our delicious bread, toast and tea cakes
Other items customers said we could improve on:
- Better hand drying facilities in the loos. Done! We have installed paper towel dispensers
- The availability of fruit scones in the afternoon. We are watching this carefully and working to avoid running out of popular items – that said, we hate wasting food, so must try and maintain a balance
- The outside patio area. We’ve not had much of a summer (yet!), but watch this space – we have some exciting plans in the offing for the autumn
- Delays between ordering food and getting served. We recognise this can happen with food prepared fresh to order. We have trained more staff in food preparation and are working extra hard on managing customers’ orders even better, so this flexibility should reduce delays
- Coffee temperature. Some like it extra hot! We are trying to make sure we ask if customers prefer coffee extra hot, and are trying to make sure cups are warmed before they are filled
- Unwrapped bread. We have tongs and bags available, so there should be no unnecessary handling. We will keep an eye in this though
- Paying separately at the till. We do operate a till ordering and payment system. In the main, customers seem to be happy with this, however we will look at a system to allow multiple course ordering at the same time
- Later service for lunches. Sorry, we have no plans to change this at the moment for staffing reasons, but it is something we will keep in mind for the future
- More Tweets. We’re delighted to be able to communicate with our customers via Twitter and Facebook – are you following us yet? We’ll try and post more in future!
Have you seen our new menu? Click to take a look now.